Alejandro Ros is a graphic designer. He makes covers for rock and pop music CDs, works in Las 12 and Radar magazines, both supplements of Página/12, a Buenos Aires daily newspaper.
Vision of art
1. Choose a work that represents you, describe it in relation to its format and materiality, its relation with time and space, its style and theme; detail its production process.
Travel agency: djjj + Leo García + Gustavo Lamas + Dany Nijensohn playing music during two hours for a group of people laying on the floor, in museums, parks, gardens, discos.
2. In general terms, how would you suggest to approach your work?
The best way of perceiving it is laying down, drugged and in silence.
3. In reference to your work and your position in the national and international art fields, what tradition do you recognize yourself in? Who are your contemporary referents? What artists of previous generations are of interest to you?
Referents, but not for my works: Marcel Duchamp, David Lynch, Tom Friedman, João Gilberto, Eric Satie, Saint-Etienne, Kubrick, Muller Brockmann, Madonna, Caravaggio, Paul Delaroche, my mother - a classical dance teacher - Pet Shop Boys, Olafur Eliasson, Buda, Paul Rand, etc.
4. Choose works or exhibitions from the last ten or fifteen years which in your opinion were very significant and explain why
Beauty and Happiness (Belleza y Felicidad), Rojas Cultural Centre, the streets and the discos of the 90s.
5. What tendencies or groupings from common elements do you see in argentine art of the last ten or fifteen years?
Boring private-views where nobody looks at the artwork, where everyone is concerned about the following step.