Vision of art
1. Choose a work that represents you, describe it in relation to its format and materiality, its relation with time and space, its style and theme; detail its production process.
The work “Inside the atom”, a sound machine in which the viewer was a shareholder. This work-play tried to achieve place out of time, kind of oracle where, if you were lucky, you could hear a sound. With multiple points of interaction some people used this space as Psychedelic Playground. The exhibition lasted a month. The work was what I call a “Tamagotchi Work”, those were the artist has to go very often to see if everything its OK or rearrange the changeable, breakable or those that can be stolen, and whose formal request is renewed day by day when receiving the erosion of the public who performs with it.
2. In general terms, how would you suggest to approach your work?
I suggest that the viewer don't have to try to understand a complex and watch as open as possible what happens on the basis of their senses in the minutes when viewing the piece.
3. In reference to your work and your position in the national and international art fields, what tradition do you recognize yourself in? Who are your contemporary referents? What artists of previous generations are of interest to you?
Artists floating on logs in a river with current, are taken to a waterfall that falls upwards. Often, someone swipes a branch and leaves, and occasionally someone falls from the tree and its eaten by piranhas (or seduced by jellyfish). Some old people with cap have boats and others are practicing water sky behind. I'm interested in people getting closer to art, doing it or consuming it. Th list of contemporary artists of referents and anti-referents and previous Argentinian generations that I'm interested with would be very extensive so I prefer to skip it, even though it costs me a lot not to name the artists I admire.
4. Choose works or exhibitions from the last ten or fifteen years which in your opinion were very significant and explain why
I don't know whether a suicide can be considered a work of art.
5. What tendencies or groupings from common elements do you see in argentine art of the last ten or fifteen years?