Lula Bauer sneezes a lot, and she is the typical girl with a handkerchief in one hand and the camera in the other.
Would it be wrong to say that every sneeze is like a camera click?
Yes, we could say so.
Lula tries to make a fusion between camera, eye, heart, and making art out of instants out of each photo.
Vision of art
1. Choose a work that represents you, describe it in relation to its format and materiality, its relation with time and space, its style and theme; detail its production process.
I believe that each artist represents itself in every developed action, whether it’s artistic or not. I couldn’t choose one only art piece because I couldn’t leave any apart, they are all part of me and my growth.
2. In general terms, how would you suggest to approach your work?
Sometimes the best is just silence and looking.
3. In reference to your work and your position in the national and international art fields, what tradition do you recognize yourself in? Who are your contemporary referents? What artists of previous generations are of interest to you?
I’m not really sure I believe in artistic traditions, I do believe in creative movements from artists feeling admiration from each other, with things in common and opposite at the same time. And from opposite we get versatility and the personal style of each artist.
My contemporary referents:
Robertita - Ana Carucci - Caro Chinaski - Eugenia Kais - Verónica Noonan - Julietita and Daniela Sabanés. My muses: Diane Arbus- Silvia Plath -Clarice Lispector- Banana Yoshimoto- Schiele- Klimt- Woody Allen-Adriana Lestido- Wor Kai Wai and when it comes to music, I couldn’t choose even one!
4. Choose works or exhibitions from the last ten or fifteen years which in your opinion were very significant and explain why
Deira’s retrospective impacted me in such a way I thought that couldn’t still happen to me. Robert Frank’s exhibition was also very moving.
Every artistic expression is significant.
5. What tendencies or groupings from common elements do you see in argentine art of the last ten or fifteen years?
The element that I see in common in the art scene is self management, plenty of care on personal projects, respect and admiration between artists, loving view and a lot of responsibility on what is shown and said.
Sartre said that the human being is born free, responsible and without excuses, and I believe there is plenty of that in the contemporary art creation.